Exceptional Programs to Enhance Health & Develop Skills
We provide two types of day programs:
- An optional in-home day program.
- A community-based day program, which is independent of our residential homes.
Our programs are tailored to the individual needs and goals of each participant and offer the opportunity to:
- Learn various life-enhancing skills
- Participate in stimulating activities
- Gain more independence
- Have a sense of control over their own lives
- Achieve greater self-esteem
In-Home Day Program
These programs provide customized, daily recreational, physical and educational activities focused on personal goals for residents in our homes.
LSA residents have the option to participate in the in-home program or attend another community program of their choice. For residents whose health and support needs prohibit them from attending an external program, mental stimulation and physical exercise are provided so they can develop skills and maintain their health. Specialized consultants such as a dietitians, psychologists, or physical therapists are also utilized to support residents in achieving their goals.
Want to learn more about our in-home day program?
Phone: (408) 728-9610
Outside-the-Home Day Program
These programs provides life skills training and stimulating community-based activities that help participants achieve positive self-esteem, independence, and a greater sense of control over their own lives.
Open to qualified adults with special needs, our Community Integration Training Program (CITP) provides meaningful volunteer opportunities for participants to develop vocational skills. Offering a 1:3 staffing ratio, or 1:1 if needed, CITP provides highly personalized support. The goal is for participants to become more independent and for some, even to gain paid employment. The program operates year-round, provides a structured five-hour day, is available on weekdays and can be tailored to fit the needs of the participant.
Community Service Opportunities
• Parks & Community Landscaping
• Culinary Services
• Office Tasks
• Janitorial Services
• Retail Assistance
• Organizing Libraries Books
• Skill Development in Areas of Interest
• Health & Fitness
• Social Skills
• Life Skills Education
• School-to-Career Transition Services
• Personal Goal Setting
• Travel Training
Want to learn more about CITP?
Phone (408) 661-2146
• Health Trust Jerry Larson
• Cathedral of Faith
• Westhope Presbyterian Church
• San Jose & Santa Clara Libraries
• And many more local settings